January 22, 2010

In Which I take Pictures of My Bonnet...

My mom and I love vintage hats.  
 
Sometimes, just for fun, we'll look up vintage hats on ebay, and ooh and ahh over them for a bit.   One day, while we were engaged in this pleasant past time, Mom found an absolutely darling little hat!  I'm not sure if it would be considered a hat or a bonnet, but I fell in love with it, never expecting to get it.   I was therefore all the more surprised and delighted when I received the bonnet for Christmas!
 
I couldn't believe Mom had actually bought it for me, and I was very pleased=)  
 
Well, Kellie has been hearing about this hat for about a month now, but she still hasn't seen it...until now.
 
So, without further ado, I would like to present...the hat.
 
.....
 
Please pardon my non-period correct shirt...I don't have a dress worthy of this bonnet.  That's next on my sewing list.
 
Aren't the feathers simply delightful?!
 
Oh, and the sweet cluster of roses with the blue/green ribbon!
 
Kellie, the back of this hat, as you can see, sits rather high on the head, so there's room for a bun bellow, but there's also an incredible amount of room inside.  I believe you'd be able to fit all of your hair under it with no trouble at all!  And for those of you who know Kellie, that's saying a lot;)  Next time you come over, you'll have to try it on, dear:)
 
 
And then...well, I don't know what it is about Photobooth, but it tends to lead to extreme amounts of craziness and silliness...
It just went downhill from here...fast.
 
Enjoy;)
 
 
Apparently I enjoy making faces at myself...
 
...strange faces.
 
I scare myself sometimes.  I really do...
 
It was about here that I remembered all of the neat effects that Photobooth offers...
 
Don't worry, I'll spare you the pics I took on distort mode;D  They were totally unworthy of my bonnet, anyways...
 
My "twin" and I had a happy reunion - we're absolutely identical, not even our mother can tell us apart.
 
Comic book - I actually like the way this one turned out.  The bonnet looks neat...and my hair looks blue.
 
Oh, so elegant...
 
Or not.
 
I liked the previous face so much, I had to try it out in Pop Art mode.
 
Glamour glow...
 
 
I was starting to return to my normal state of sanity at this point...I don't know that I have a normal state of sanity, but I was pretty normal at this point...for me.
 
 
I think Sketch is my favorite effect - it makes everything look so soft and dreamy.  Love it:)
 
Y'all come back now...
 
Happy Trails!
 
 
 
 
 
 

0 interesting remarks:

Post a Comment

Comments are my one weakness - thanks for taking the time to say hello!