January 20, 2011

Wallpaper Wednesday

For today's Wallpaper Wednesday, I'm featuring a man who was not only an excellent actor, but a man who went on to become our nation's 40th president...Ronald Reagan!
 
{full size image located on the graphic design page}
 
I really can't begin to say how much I respect and admire this man.  I only wish I had been alive when he was president - I missed being born when he was still president by about two months;)
 
"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free."  - Ronald Reagan
 
As an actor, I first saw him in Santa Fe Trail with Errol Flynn and Olivia de Havilland.  Set during the turbulent years before the Civil War, while this film is definitely not historically accurate, the banter between Errol and Ronald as they both try to win the lady fair is absolutely delightful to watch. 
 
The second of his films that I saw was This is the Army, a musical made during World War ll with songs by Irving Berlin.
 
(Both of these films are in the public domain and are available for free viewing or download from the Internet Archive, here and here.)
 
Note: the foreground image of Ronald Reagan was downloaded from Dr. Macro's, while the background image of him riding was found using Google Images.
 
.....
 
Happy Trails, y'all!

0 interesting remarks:

Post a Comment

Comments are my one weakness - thanks for taking the time to say hello!