February 9, 2011

Wallpaper Wednesday - Olivia de Havilland

A very happy Wednesday to you all!
 
I hope y'all aren't tired of Olivia de Havilland yet, because today I have 2 wallpapers featuring her=)
 
First, Olivia in Captain Blood as...Arabella Bishop!
 
{full size image located on the graphic design page}
 
I LOVE this movie.  How could I not when it stars Errol Flynn as the dashing Captain Blood, and Olivia as Arabella?  I also love the book by Rafael Sabatini which the movie is based on.   This was the first of 8 films which Errol and Olivia made together, and the movie which boosted them both to stardom.
 
.....
 
{full size image located on the graphic design page}
 
What can I say?  I love Olivia.  And the color purple:) 
 
I just saw her in Princess O'Rourke yesterday, an absolutely hilarious romantic comedy.  I laughed so hard - it's a good thing the rest of my family had gone to town, because I probably would have scared them with all of my laughing and talking! 
 
Me - "Oh, no!  If he's going to do, what I think he's going to do...*insert wild cackling*...he did!! *insert more wild cackling punctuated by an occasional snort*  Yes, I do talk to myself sometimes, and yes, I do snort when I laugh really hard.  I've learned to live with both. 
 
If you do see it, you might recognize Jean - she's played by Jane Wyman, who also played Pollyanna's Aunt Polly. 
 
(Note: the picture of Olivia in the above wallpaper was found on ebay - yes, I snatch pictures sometimes...but not to sell;)
 
.....
 
Happy trails y'all!

0 interesting remarks:

Post a Comment

Comments are my one weakness - thanks for taking the time to say hello!