March 28, 2011

A Spring Ramble

Gonna see what we can find today...
 
 
.....
 
Darling, stupid Ingrid. 
 
She has a habit of sticking her head through the fence and getting it stuck. 
 
Just now I heard her baaing.  So, I had to pull on my boots and coat, grab my flashlight (and bear spray, just in case) search unsuccessfully for the wire cutters in the garage, grab a hacksaw instead, and walk outside in the cold to get her unstuck.  Thankfully, I didn't have to use the hacksaw.
 
Oh, and the hacksaw was for cutting through the wire, not sawing off Ingy's head.
I wasn't that desperate;)
 
.....
 
Dear, sweet Calvin.  He absolutely adores me.  I have no idea why, but he does.  He follows me around like a dog and wags his tail when I pet him.
 
And no, he is not a goat.  Calvin is a Barbados Blackbelly sheep.
 
.....
 
Two of the expectant mothers - Lady Jane and Sweet Pea, with Ingrid standing.
 
And the lambing pen - cozy, isn't it?:)
 
I have a light clamped to the rafter this year, so I won't have to try and handle lambs while holding a flashlight.   That doesn't work very well...
 
.....
 
 
Meet the boys...
 
Dewey, my brother's horse.
 
Freckles, my mom's pony - he thought I was going to give him a treat;)
 
And last, but definitely not least...
 
Bob, my handsome, albeit somewhat muddy, prince charming.
 
 
.....
 
Logs from our property, waiting to be transformed into a log cabin someday.
 
The view from the upper sheep pasture.
 
.....
 
Having fun with our old pick-up truck...
 
 
 
 
 
.....
 
Happy Trails!

0 interesting remarks:

Post a Comment

Comments are my one weakness - thanks for taking the time to say hello!