May 4, 2011

The Lord is our Strength

For by thee I have run through a troop; and by my God have I leaped over a wall.
As for God, his way is perfect: the word of the LORD is tried: he is a buckler to all those that trust in him.
For who is God save the LORD? or who is a rock save our God?
It is God that girdeth me with strength, and maketh my way perfect.
He maketh my feet like hinds' feet, and setteth me upon my high places.
He teacheth my hands to war, so that a bow of steel is broken by mine arms.
Psalm 18:29-34

Two things in these verses jumped out at me...
  •  God is our strength,
  • and He will give us the strength we need for every situation in life.
I have a problem with controlling my tongue - it's not an uncommon problem. 
Proverbs is full of verses about bridling our tongues, so it seems to be something that a lot of people struggle with, even in Biblical times...read more.

0 interesting remarks:

Post a Comment

Comments are my one weakness - thanks for taking the time to say hello!