May 4, 2011

Wallpaper Wednesday

I know it's been awhile since I've shared any new wallpaper creations with y'all.  
I'm not going to blame it on life being busy, because it hasn't been any busier than usual.  I just needed a short break from blogging apparently:)
 
Anyway, I think the wait will be worth it, as I have four new wallpapers for your use and enjoyment!
 
First up, we have Gary Cooper and Jean Arthur in...Mr. Deeds Goes to Town!
 
{full size image located on the Graphic Design page}
 
I picked this movie up at the library because it was a Frank Capra film and because I love Jean Arthur.
I was not disappointed. 
Mr. Deeds is content and happy living in Mandrake Falls and playing his tuba in the town band, with no desire to change.   But change comes his way in the form of a 20 million dollar inheritance.  
I highly recommend this film, especially if you're a fan of Capra's films.
 
 
{full size image located on the Graphic Design page}
 
.....
 
Next we have one of my favorite BBC miniseries....North & South!
 
 
{full size image located on the Graphic Design page}
 
North & South is not just another fluffy romance, nor is it about the Civil War, which one might assume from the title. 
 
It's industrial (the North) versus country (the South), conflicts between social classes, and, yes, an unlikely romance, all set in 19th century England.  
I love all of the suspense, the glimpses of life from the very poor to the rich and how the different classes respond to each other. 
Margaret's outfits are just lovely - I totally need to recreate some of them someday.  And I love her hair!
And the intense, passionate Mr. Thornton, portrayed by Richard Armitage, is indeed a swoon worthy hero. ;)
Can you ask for more?
 
(Just as a warning, there are some rather violent scenes, mainly a man getting beat up (very brief) and a riot.  This film is not rated as it was made for TV, but I would rate it PG.)
 
 
{full size image located on the Graphic Design page}
 
Have a lovely day, y'all!

0 interesting remarks:

Post a Comment

Comments are my one weakness - thanks for taking the time to say hello!