January 9, 2012

Miscellany

Last Saturday, we went to see Sherwood Pictures' latest movie, Courageous.
All I can say is, it was AMAZING!
In all seriousness, "I laughed. I cried.  It moved me Bob."
I highly recommend it.
It was so refreshing to sit down, watch an immensely entertaining, funny and intense film, and not have to worry about bad language or other bad stuff. 
Keep up the good work, Sherwood Pictures!  I can't wait to see what you come up with next! =) 


Source: bing.com via Trish on Pinterest

Here's the song Courageous by Casting Crowns.



I'm trying a new vintage inspired hairstyle today.  Pin curls in the front with the back hair in a bun.  I think this is going to be one of my new favorite styles.  Super simple.  Maybe I'll get pictures at some point.

I need to buy more bobby pins.  Where do they all disappear to, anyway?

Along the same line, I finally found a crochet pattern for a snood that I think will work.
I found it through this fun blog, Noir Girl.

Check out this wonderful movie review for The Spirit of St. Louis (starring Jimmy Stewart  *swoon*) on my dear friend Kellie's blog.


Your eyes do not deceive you - that's a blonde Jimmy.  Yes, it scared me, too. ;)

Just got a bunch of classic film noir movies from the library, so I've got some serious movie watching ahead of me.  There might be a movie review or two coming...

Happy Trails, y'all! :)

2 comments:

  1. I need to see Courageous! I need to see your pin curl 'do! And yes, a blonde Jimmy is double-take worthy;)

    htsys!
    --Kellie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh good, I'm not the only one who thinks Jimmy Stewart with a bleach-job is a bit strange. :-P
    We watched that movie (courtesy of NetFlix) while my grandparents were here last July. I'd forgotten how good that movie is....

    Best wishes with your snood!
    God bless,
    ~"Wild Rose"~

    ReplyDelete

Comments are my one weakness - thanks for taking the time to say hello!