September 5, 2012

Summer's End

As you may have guessed, these last few weeks of summer have been more than usually busy around here.  Pleasantly busy, full of fun and memories.

My friend Lauren was married on the 25th of August.
You can see Kellie's wonderful post here.

We went to the county fair the same day with some of our friends.  We wore sunglasses and pretended to be the Impossible Missions team while looking at everything there, including a zebu.

"Oh look!  A zebu!!"

Sorry, I was having too much fun to take pictures, so here's a song instead...
And someone please tell me I'm not the only adult who still loves Veggie Tales. ;)

We had fun watching the Mutton Bustin' after that.  Kids ages 3-6 (I think) and under 60 lbs. (I think) compete to see who can stay on the sheep the longest.  It's loads of fun to watch!


Unfortunately, they were sold out of tickets for the rodeo so we had to skip that.  I was a bit disappointed, but there's always next year. :)

I think my favorite memories of this summer are the evenings spent with friends at Farragut State Park playing badminton and hiking.  Last Friday we met for a game of badminton and homemade peach pie (courtesy of Kellie) and then walked down to the lake in the cool evening air by the light of the blue moon.  The moon path on the water was magical.


It's been such a wonderful summer, I'm sad to see it go...

What are your favorite memories from this summer?

3 comments:

  1. I think summertime is best enjoyed with family and friends. It doesn't really matter what you are doing as long as you can enjoy the outdoors and some of the fabulous summer bounty. Peach Pie? MMM that sounds perfect! I am so glad that you have had a great summer with lots of memories AND good times! I look forward to hearing about how your fall unfolds too. By the way, how long until Peach Pie will be substituted with Apple pies from the orchard? The fruit must be getting so pretty and fat! My orange tree is just loaded this year with oranges that will ripen about mid November through December. There are so many oranges that the branches are already weighted to the ground!! Welcome back! I missed you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the link to Kelly's blog. Her pix of the Hat Band boys shows that they're boys no longer but young men. And that certainly includes Matthew.

    I'm glad your summer has been memorable, Natasha. May the approaching Fall be likewise.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Winnie - Just this last week I made the first apple pie of the year! So yummy, if I do say so myself;) Thank you! I certainly missed my blog and my blog friends:)

    Mr. Dane - Matthew has certainly grown-up recently. He's so tall now!
    Thank you! I think it will be:)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are my one weakness - thanks for taking the time to say hello!