February 11, 2013

All the Single Ladies Blog Party | Silly Love Songs



Meghan asked us, "What are some of your favorite "silly love songs" that put you in a sentimental, romantic or dreamy mood? And are there any that you find inspire you for "someday soon" with your one & only?"

I am a hopeless romantic.  I get that from my Grandma Barbara.  You should hear the two of us going on and on and on about Steve McQueen.  She still squeals like a girl watching one of his films.  And you do not want to get her started on Orlando Bloom.  Oh my.  She'll go on forever!  And I love it. :)

So, that said, I love listening to romantic love songs.

And Frankie is the best.  Period. ;)









And my favorite love songs list wouldn't be complete without these...






Just for fun...

Just take a moment and savor the way David says "bees".  No, really...do it.  It's therapeutic.  Love it when his British accent "slips" and you can hear his real Scottish accent seeping through. ;)

And if you want a truly silly love song, this is it...


Well, I hope you all enjoyed this as much as I did. :)
.....

Question: Do you enjoy listening to love songs?  Why or why not?  I want to know!

5 comments:

  1. LOVE Frank Sinatra! He's the reason I fell in love with old classic music. Such a great voice.

    Love that you threw Barbara Manatee in there. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. And to Frank Sinatra, I would add Johnny Mathis, oh how I love his love songs,Tony Bennett and Nat King Cole! Tony Bennett is still out there singing on special occasions and even in his 80s, that baritone voice soothes my soul. I am so glad you shared these classics with us. They are the perfect way to celebrate love this week of Valentine's Day!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Frank Sinatra too, but I really love Michael Buble. My mom bought his CD and I fell in love with his voice. Plus its fun saying his name Michael Buble : )

    Kimberly

    ReplyDelete
  4. Barbara Manatee! Oh goodness, I used to be able to sing that one word for word. Yes, I spent a great deal of time listening to Veggie Tales silly songs. :D

    I also have a question. Have you watched that version of Much Ado About Nothing? I've been wanting to see it. If you have, what did you think? Just curious. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sereina - Bing Crosby was my first intro to classic music, but Frankie will always be special to me. AMAZING voice.
    Hehe, I thought there might be a few who would enjoy Barbara Manatee;D

    Winnie - You know, I don't think I've ever really listened to Johnny Mathis. Will have to fix that!

    Kimberly - Yes, one of my friends recommended Michael Buble to me. I guess I just prefer the classics, but he does have a great voice. I'll have to give him another try. lol! Yes, you gotta love the name;D

    Kara - Sad to say, I can still sing that song word for word. I grew-up watching Veggie Tales, and my bro and I still enjoy them:D
    Sadly, I haven't seen that version of Much Ado About Nothing yet. I've been wanting to for a while now, and when I do I will definitely review it!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are my one weakness - thanks for taking the time to say hello!